Pages

04 April 2014

catvent - a first quarter finish !!

I put six quilts on my first quarter list in this year's finish-along - I know it was a long shot but as a few of them were close to finished I decided to aim high !!

I'm pleased to say that I finished the Catvent quilt and even entered it into our local show in the middle of March so its been finished for a little while !!


The Catvent quilt is a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman - Elizabeth decided to make it into a quilt along in December last year by making one block a day from the 1st to 25th December.


I didn't get the background fabric to start on time but I did get the top finished just after christmas.  It has some of my favourite fabrics include a piece of corduroy that is quite a few years old !

After lots of umming and ahhing about what to back it with I finally decided to use the same grey solid as it was going to be hanging on the wall so the backing wasn't going to show !

I quilted it with a crosshatch about an inch apart which I think looks good and allows those cute cat faces to shine.

Its also got a hanging sleeve and is now hanging happily on the wall in my lounge room !



Quilt Stats
size:30"x34"
pattern: catvent quilt along by Elizabeth Hartman
top fabric: grey prima homespun and fabrics from my stash
backing fabric: grey prima homespun
binding fabric: grey prima homespun
batting: Warm and White cotton 
quilting: by me - 1/2 inch cross hatch
thread: So Fine 50wt #504 by Superior Threads

so there you have my first finish in this year's finish-along !

Finish Along 2014

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish, and good luck in the show :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a fun funky design and the way you've done them in rainbow colours is really fun. The simple crosshatch quilt works really well too! It will get lots of admirers at the show!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment ♥